Are you getting ready to take the JAMB UTME exam? As one of the most important exams for gaining admission into Nigerian universities, it's crucial to be well-prepared and confident on exam day. To help you maximize your performance, we have compiled a list of dos and don'ts for test-taking success.
- Practice with JAMB past questions: Green Bridge CBT offers over 65,000 JAMB past questions and answers that you can access online or through their Android mobile app. By practicing with these past questions, you can become familiar with the exam format, identify your weak areas, and improve your time management skills.
- Manage your time effectively: During the JAMB UTME exam, it's important to pace yourself. Allocate enough time for each section and question, and avoid spending too much time on difficult questions. If you're unsure about an answer, mark it and come back to it later.
- Read instructions carefully: Before diving into the questions, take a few moments to read the instructions thoroughly. By understanding the format and requirements of each section, you can answer the questions more accurately.
- Stay calm and focused: Test anxiety is common, but staying calm and focused is key to performing your best. Take deep breaths, stay positive, and trust in your preparation.
- Review your answers: If time permits, review your answers before submitting your exam. Check for any errors or overlooked questions. It's better to spend a few extra minutes reviewing than to regret later.
- Don't cram: Last-minute cramming can lead to stress and confusion. Instead, focus on understanding the concepts and practicing consistently in the months leading up to the exam.
- Don't ignore your physical and mental health: Prioritize self-care in the days leading up to the exam. Get enough sleep, eat nourishing meals, and engage in activities that help you relax and destress.
- Don't panic if you don't know an answer: Remember, it's normal to encounter challenging questions. Instead of panicking, make an educated guess or move on to the next question. Stressing over one question can hinder your performance on the rest of the exam.
- Don't forget your exam materials: On the day of the JAMB UTME exam, make sure you have all the required materials, including your JAMB registration slip, identification card, and any other necessary documents.
- Don't discuss the exam immediately after: Talking about the exam immediately after can be distracting and may increase unnecessary anxiety. Instead, take some time to relax and rejuvenate before reflecting on your performance.
By following these dos and don'ts, you can approach the JAMB UTME exam with confidence and increase your chances of success. Remember, Green Bridge CBT offers a wide range of resources and practice materials to help you prepare effectively. Best of luck.